Major General Usman S Mohammed
Maj Gen Usman Shehu Mohammed was born on 31 July 1970 in Minna, Niger State. He hails from Wushishi in Wushishi Local Government Area of Niger State. He began his primary education in Command children’s School Kaduna from 1976 to 1981, he had his secondary education at Nigerian Military School Zaria from 1981 to 1986 he then proceeded to the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of 38 Regular Course. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Geography and was commissioned into the Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps in 1991. He also holds a Masters Degree in International Affairs and Diplomacy from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and a Masters Degree in Strategic Studies from the University of Ibadan.
Maj Gen US Mohammed has in the course of his military career attended the following courses:
- YOC Int from Feb 92- May 92.
- Anti Tank Pl Comds’ Course from Aug 92-Oct 92.
- YOC Inf from Sep 94- Dec 94.
- Tac Int Offrs’ Course from Aug 96- Oct 96.
- Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College Junior Course from Jul 99- Dec 99.
- Detachment Comds’Course from Aug 00- Oct 00.
- Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji, Senior Course from Aug 04 – Jul 05.
- National Defence College Course 21 Abuja, Nigeria from Sep 12- Aug 13.
UNITS SERVED WITH APPOINTMENTS HELD
The officer has served in the following units:
- HQ 2 DIG from Oct 91- Jul 93 as OC Group HQ Detachment.
- 65 Mech Bn from Jul 93- Jul 94 as BIO.
- HQ 2 DIG from Jul 94 – Feb 96 as OC Gp HQ Det.
- 35 NAIC Det from Feb 96 – May 00 as OC.
- HQ NAIC from May 00- Aug 01 as SO2 Admin.
- 9 NAICDet from Aug 01- Jan 03 as OC.
- 3 NAIC Det from Jan 03- Aug 04 as OC.
- NAIS from Aug 05 – Apr 07 as GSO 1 Coord.
- 118 Int Gpfrom Apr 07- Dec 08 as Comd.
- AFCSC from Dec 08 to Feb 11 as DS.
- HQ NAIC from Feb 11 – Aug 11 as ACOS G1/G4.
- AFCSC from Sep 11 to Sep 12 as CI SSD.
- AHQ DAPP from Sep 13 to Jan 15 as DD Policy.
- NDC from Jan 15 to Jul 15 as DS.
- Office of the COAS from Aug 15 to Jun 16 as Head OMT.
- Office of the COAS from Jun 16 to Oct 17 as COS-COAS.
- HQ 3 Bde from Oct 17 to Dec 18 as Comd.
- AHQ DCMA from Dec 18 to date as CCMA.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
The senior officer has the following to his credit:
- Psc (+).
- Command Medal.
- Field Command Medal.
The officer is married to Mrs Hadiza Mohammed and they are blessed with 3 boys.
His hobbies include playing basketball, volleyball, farming and watching nature.