1. As Nigerian Army flagged off Operation LAST HOLD in Northern Borno, over 2000 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) have returned to their ancestral home GUDUNBALI for the first time in six years.
2. The Eid prayers were observed in the Headquarters of GUZAMALLA Local Government Area Council.
The returnee Internally Displaced Persons were assisted back to their communities by the troops of Operation LAST HOLD.
3. Following the achievements recorded by the troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, the Nigerian Army consolidated the operations with clearance operation which is Sharan Gwona da Sharan Gida and dominance patrols.
4. The Internally Displaced persons were more than delighted to be back in their ancestral home as well as the resuscitation of two boreholes by the Chairman of GUZAMALLA Local Government Area Council.
5. The returnee Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), drawn from different IDP camps were assured of their safety and government’s assistance in rebuilding their homes and livelihoods.
6. Building materials are already being stock piled for distribution as efforts are intensified to clear
and open up more communities in the Nine Local Government Area Councils of Northern Borno.
7. Earlier, the Commander, Operation LAST HOLD, Major General Abba Dikko, while welcoming the returnee IDPs stated that the Military will not rest on its oars until all displaced persons are safely returned to their ancestral homes.
8. The Commander emphasised that, all terrorists either surrender, deradicalized and reintegrate back to their communities or are vanquished and conquered.
9. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable medium.
10. Thank you for your usual cooperation.
Director Army Public Relations.