1. The Nigerian Army Day Celebration #NADCEL2019 and Combat Support Arms Training Week will hold from Friday 28th June to Saturday 6th July 2019 in Lagos State with the theme “Professionally Responsive Soldiering: A Panacea for successful Military Operations’’.
2. Activities to mark the event will kick off on 28th June 2019 with a press conference by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai at the Headquarters, Theatre Command, Command and Control Centre in Maiduguri, Borno State. Other activities lined up for the celebration include environmental sanitation exercise to be conducted on Saturday 29th June 2019 in some designated areas within 81 Division Area of Responsibility as well as in all units and formations across Nigeria.
3. Accordingly, interdenominational Church Service at St Charles Lwanga Catholic Church, Ikeja Cantonment and all units and formations Catholic and Protestant Churches in all Nigerian Army Barracks on 30th June 2019 and Juma’at Service on Friday 5th July 2019 in all the Mosques across the Nigerian Army formations and units.
4. Similarly, there will be an interesting novelty football match between the COAS team and Actors Guild of Nigeria team on Thursday 4th July 2019. While free medical outreaches in some selected communities in 81 Division Area of Responsibility and other Nigerian Army formations and units will be conducted on 3 July 2019.
5. The President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, will be the Special Guest of Honour during the grand finale slated for Saturday 6th July 2019 which will feature parade/march past in Ikeja Military Cantonment, COAS Commendation Award Ceremony, Exhibition of Infantry Light Armoured Vehicles and dance display by various selected Nigerian cultural troupes, among other activities.